If you are anything like the majority of the adults in this world, you did.
And if you did, it was probably bad coffee.
- Once coffee beans are roasted, they become alive. And with this (like all living creatures), they slowly lose their freshness and “life”.
- Within 7 days, roasted beans are considered fresh and living. After this time period, flavor and aroma (and life) are pretty much gone.
- Most coffee being drank today (whether from starbucks, a folgers can, or a keurig machine) is 6 – 12 months old.
- Conclusion: You are drinking dead (bad) coffee.
Thankfully, there is a solution.
==> Roast your own beans
Be your own coffee god and give life to some good beans.
It’s a fairly easy process.
2) Roast them. (Either on top of the stove in a skillet or in popcorn popper)
Since roasted coffee beans can lose up to 40% of its life and potency after 24 hours, Asher recommends roasting new beans every 3 days. If you do this twice a week, it should take no more than 20 minutes total.
Throw in some MCT/ Coconut oil and you’ll have one hell of a fat burning treat.